Outsourcing Best Practices
Getting on with outsourcing for many people had been an nightmare and when you go through the hardships they had faced with outsourcing, it would be quiet interesting, untill it happened to you. The thing is that we get an opportunity to learn from others mistakes.
After years on experience in outsourcing CA Infotech has found some great best practice methods to be followed by every company or individual or an corporate would follow in their outsourcing process. Read through to understand how these best practices would help in your outsourcing activities.
3. Avoid shortsighted Approach. Companies often get lost while starting a deal itself. Hoping to save lot of money for the company, they spend lot of time in documenting the outcomes of the final outsourced activity finally missing the focus on a long term execution and core business outcomes.
4. Attitude toward IT Spending. IT Spending has become part and participle of every business activity and industry today. Spending towards IT is to increase various raising demands of the industry thus resulting in more returns for your ROI. To handle the IT spending in a better way its always good to keep the outsourcing practise in place and do it the right way.
5. Communicate What you need.What you need is to be communicated properly to the outsourcing provider in such a way that its precise and detailed. Communication is the key process in your outsourcing activity and hence create a regular strategy for communication with the provider. More you communicate the better would be your expected outcome.
6. Do not be strict with your budget be a bit flexible. Costing could at times result in the outsourcer failing from using the best resources and use the lower level resources to manage the costing. This would result indirectly on deliverable’s. Outsourcing is all about cutting costs, but at the same time outsourcing is always about lesser spending. Hence you can keep that always in a bit flexible range.
7. Face to Face Interaction. Today’s web based conferencing has created an era of virtual presence, that’s good and appreciated well by many companies. But for companies who start fresh with outsourcing would always be recommended to have a in-person presence at the outsourcer’s location. This would help you understand and work out a strategy for your future and long term activities. After few times of your successful outsourcing activity you can trust on many virtual presence system which would very well helpful in your activity.
8. You are still responsible. After starting outsourcing activity many think that the responsibility ends at their end and lays with the outsourcer. But end of the day the results counts on successful two and fro operation of both the company and the outsourcer.
9. Don’t Delegate. Chief management should have an attention towards your customers and at the same time on the outsourcer for better results. Do not leave the responsibility with the middle management.
10. What to outsource?. In Many situations outsourcing decisions go wrong and end of the day things get outsourced which shouldn’t have or had to be. Remember your core business activity stays with you and rest which supports your business gets outsourced.
11. Getting Ready to outsource. What you are is how your people are. Before you get your outsourcing needs sent over to the outsourcer make sure that you are organized and are not blaming your outsourcer for all issues. There are various reasons such as your outsourcer is from a different country, culture, working environment and different business models. Understanding what you need or what your companies core values takes time.
12. Service Agreements. Service Level Agreements play a key role in outsourcing as outsourcer sets up in such a way that it will minimize risk, penalties and maximised incentives. Make sure you are good with it.
Interested to start? get started with CA Infotech India Private Limited, one of the fast growing company in India and successful history of outsourcing.